This document aims to descibe the current status (as of 2003/3/14) of the OpenSOAP project and outline the future development goals.
Blue : Completed
Red : Being readied/scheduled
Green : Implementation not yet decided
- Currently each month's release is a snapshot of the development of Version 1.0
and as yet the official Version 1.0 has not been released.
- The release of Version 1.0 will support all the goals of the initial project.
Projected release date is set for July 2003, and function testing is being carried out to meet this schedule.
- New features will not be implemented in Version 1.0. These will be implemented in Version 1.1.
- On the official release of Version 1.0, development of 1.1 will begin.
- Regarding the implementation of new features, once development of the 1.1 branch has begun,
access to the latest source will become possible through a merge to the official development
branch (as a development snapshot). See diagram below for proposed branching/merging.
- Regarding new features, the implementation of Transport
SSL and Basic Authentiaction is to be included.
- After release of Version 1.0, bug fixes and enhancements will still
be available as 1.0.1, 1.02, ...
- Projected release date and function for Version 1.1 not yet available
End of NEDO Project
HTTP/1.0 Transport Support
Security API(Independent implementation for handling encrypted messages)
API for uthentication Authority
Server Synchronous/Asynchronous Processing
Intra-Server message transmission processing
Japanese Language Documentation
Message Synchronous/Asynchronous forward processing samples
Shopping Transaction sample
Security encryption/certificate sample
Authentication Authority sample
CORBA / DCOM Bridging I/F (+ samlpes)
Java Classes (+ samples)
IPv6 compatible Transport
Bug fixes, full function test
Bug fixes, full function test
Security compatible Shopping sample
English Language Documentation
API Reference (Doxygen)
C++ Class Libraries
Transport extension https, Basic Authentication, HTTP/1.1 compatibility (chunkdata)
, Proxy, Digest Authentication, timeout
Support for complex types, arrays, structures
Extension of API functions (Asynchronous Processing header, Fault path, XML document inclusion, etc)
Implementation of hi-level API (Generation of RPC just by calling an object)
Handling of Large Objects
Long Transaction API
Security API : WS-Security Conformity
Review of multi-language support implemented through iconv
Compatibility with SOAP 1.2
Conformity with Business Transaction Protocol
Rewrite Server source code using OpenSOAP API
Improve logging management using Syslog
Long mode compatibility for Transaction Services
Server forwarding Trace service
Implementation of a transport interface that does not use Apache CGI(including SSL/Access control)
Message transfer Conforming to WS-Routing
WSDL -> C Source Code Generator
OpenSOAP Directory API + (Dynamic Service Search/Connection Function)
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Webmasters of www.opensoap.jp. All